This recipe is excellent and simple! Really great flavor - better than take out.
· 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips (I used boneless beef ribs and sliced them very thin while they were partially frozen)
· 1 cup beef broth
· ½ cup soy sauce –( or GF soy sauce)
· ⅓ cup brown sugar or honey
· 1 tablespoon sesame oil
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
· 1 lb Fresh broccoli florets (blanched)
· Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, brown sugar/honey, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
5. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.