Monday, November 3, 2014

Slow-Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


Tender, moist chicken meat cooked in the slow-cooker with the simplest ever sauce!  This is super good - even on a busy, crazy weekday.


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken - I use boneless, skinless thighs
1/8 cup butter - I use Kerrygold garlic herb butter
2/3 C water
1 package Italian dressing mix (I used Seven Seas)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 can/package cream of chicken soup - I use Pacific GF Cream of Chicken


INSTRUCTIONS:


1:  Prep your slow-cooker - I spray with olive oil lightly.  Add chicken and dressing mix together in slow cooker; a
dd butter and water to the mix.  


2:  Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours (If you are working, using a lamp timer, set the cooker to come on at noon - the chicken will come up to room temperature and cook more evenly)


3:  Add (room temperature) cream cheese (yes, I microwaved it for 30 seconds) and soup.  Mix together and cook on high for 30 minutes.


4:  Cook egg noodles or rice (However you prefer your stroganoff.  We used GF pasta). Serve over rice or pasta.

Optional: Add a green vegetable or salad of your choice.

 


YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment