Monday, November 3, 2014

Slow-Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


Tender, moist chicken meat cooked in the slow-cooker with the simplest ever sauce!  This is super good - even on a busy, crazy weekday.


Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken - I use boneless, skinless thighs
1/8 cup butter - I use Kerrygold garlic herb butter
2/3 C water
1 (.7 oz) package Italian dressing mix (I used Seven Seas)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 can/package cream of chicken soup - I use Pacific GF Cream of Chicken


Step 1:

Prep your slow-cooker - I spray with olive oil lightly.  Add chicken and dressing mix together in slow cooker.  Add butter and water to slow-cooker.  Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours (If you are working, using a lamp timer, set the cooker to come on at noon - the chicken will come up to room temperature and cook more evenly)


Step 2:

Add (room temperature) cream cheese (yes, I microwaved it for 30 seconds) and soup.  Mix together and cook on high for 30 minutes.

Cook egg noodles or rice (However you prefer your stroganoff.  We used GF pasta). Serve over rice or pasta and add a green vegetable of your choice.

 

YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment